A very random world

In a small world that is quietly rotating the sun strange and random things appear..... Welcome to a very random World. A place of writing, creativity and well frankly any old stuff.... All the mad ramblings of Adrian Summerson...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

fear

Sleepless night last night - very poor.
result - more poetry. Must apologise for this - Will promise not to turn into Pam Ayres

His Name Is.........



As I lie in bed at night
A creature stalks through my house
I hear the quiet creaks
As he stalks from room to room.

My stomach fills with knots,
As I hear the ooze drip from his fangs,
And catch a whiff of his noxious deadly fumes.

I toss and turn,
And hope the creature will not catch me,
I lie still
And pray that I will not end up
Inside this dark creature of the night.

My duvet is my sanctuary
My protection against his raging fury
My pillows are the shield which will shelter me from my fate.

The stairs
A door,
A branch against the window
The howl of the wind
These sounds remind me that I am his prey.

I cannot run from this demon
I cannot flee from his sight
This creature is here to consume me
Pacing through my house
Room to room
Searching
Testing
Hunting
Waiting

Should I fight it?
Rise from my slumber
Candlestick in hand,
And batter it into submission?

Slay the beast that stalks me,
Crush its evil heart
Wipe its venomous slime from my fingers,
Then get a cold drink from the fridge



Or should I stay here,
Warm in my bed.
Scared
Nervous
Terrified
Waiting for my doom….

I know this creature
I have looked him in the eyes
Smelt his stale breath
Stroked his matted hair.
I made him
I keep him alive
Feed him
Care for him
Let him grow stronger
And more powerful
I let him stalk me through my night.
I am his creator
But he is my master.
I long to be safe from him
But know I never will be…..


His name is Fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home